The purpose of the Faculty Senate is to create an effective faculty organization that can enter into partnership for shared responsibility and cooperative action between the faculty, administration, staff, and students in order to promote the general welfare of the university.
Note: Provost Clarke will visit the Faculty Senate on November 14, 2017, and Rector Treacy will visit during the November 28, 2017 meeting.
To: All Participants
From: Montasir Abbas
Please distribute widely and encourage faculty to share this statement in their classes:
President, Virginia Tech Faculty Senate, 2016-17
- Faculty Senate President
- Faculty Senate Officers and Cabinet
- Roster of Senators
- Past Presidents of the Faculty Senate
- Faculty Senate Representatives on University Commissions and Committees
- Role of the Faculty Senate in University Governance
- Faculty Senate Constitution
- Faculty Senate Bylaws
Committees and Work Groups:
- Committee on Faculty Ethics
- Committee on Reconciliation
- Faculty Review Committee
- College Faculty Association Presidents
- Work Groups
Please note that we will gather in a different building for the November 14th meeting. We will be in Room 32 of Pamplin Hall from 5:15 to 7:00. Provost Clarke will attend this meeting.
All other remaining meetings during the fall semester are located in the New Classroom Building, Room 160.
Meetings dates are:
- September 5, 2017
- September 19, 2017
- October 3, 2017
- October 17, 2017
- October 31, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- November 28, 2017
- December 12, 2017 (if needed)