The Faculty Senate cabinet serves as the executive committee of the Faculty Senate.
The members of the cabinet are the president, vice-president, and secretary/treasurer of the Faculty Senate, and one senator from each college and the library not represented by the officers. Senate cabinet members who are not senate officers are elected for a term of one year by caucus of the senators of the respective colleges. A senator may not be elected to the cabinet for more than two consecutive terms.
Members of the 2012-2013 Faculty Senate cabinet are:
- Faculty Senate President and College of Natural Resources and Environment representative - Sarah Karpanty
- Faculty Senate Vice President and College of Science representative - Joe Merola
- Faculty Senate Secretary/Treasurer - Seeking nominations
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences - Mike Akers
- College of Architecture and Urban Studies - Jim Bassett
- Pamplin College of Business - Bryan Cloyd
- College of Engineering - Vacant
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences - Bernice Hausman
- College of Veterinary Medicine - Kathy Hosig
- (Adding the immediate past president of the Faculty Senate by courtesy) - Bruce Pencek